In the words of Henry Holland, “I’m so excited I could wee, it’s the Queen’s Jubilee!”
We’re gearing up for 4 days of Pimm’s, tea, cake, bunting and other various clichés. With so much happening and only 100 hours to cram it all in, we thought a little “Top 10 List of Jubilee-tastic Events“ would come in ever-so-useful.
So here they are in no particular order:
1. Head to Kona Kai tonight and feel like a Polynesian princess for an evening. All ladies are treated to free tiaras and leis. Think Kate Middleton goes to Maui. You also get a hula lesson.
2. Accidental Festival 2012 is the product of taking 21 young producers and giving them 4 days in the Roundhouse to programme whatever they want. Intrigued? You should be.
3. Who wears lots of ballgowns? Royalty, that’s who. See lots of lovely ones all weekend at Ballgowns: British Glamour Since 1950 at the V & A.
4. Head to The Hoxton Pony tonight where cool kids prove that one need not have a stiff upper lip to enjoy the Jubilee festivities. Fun stuff includes free manicures, hula hoopers and make-up (and music and visuals obviously).
5. Shaka Zulu is hosting a Diamond Jubilee party this evening. Expect impersonators and giveaways.
6. You know how the Queen’s face is everywhere at the moment? How everything suddenly has a Jubilee theme? Including this blog post? The Museum of Brands, Packaging and Advertising is dedicating a whole exhibition to this kind of thing. Pop along to see souvenirs and commemorative products made to mark the royal jubilees of the past.
7. FREE CAKE will be available tomorrow afternoon at Cake, Rattle and Roll, a shopping and eating extravaganza at the Newburgh Quarter.
8. From tomorrow til Tuesday, Proud Camden are hosting a massive, free 4 day festival featuring the best of British live music called Jubilee Jam Festival.
9. Assuming you’re not partied out on Sunday, The Book Club will be having a crackin’ knees-up of a street party which will feature the Guilty Pleasures DJs, in an unashamed, glorious celebration of all things pop.
10. Food, drink including shellfish and commemorative ales will grace the street outside the Water Poet for their Diamond Jubilee Street Party. Grab a flag and hold on to your crown…
Got another event you want to tell us about?
davidacronin on June 1st 2012 in Events, Gigs, London, Party, food and drink, music